Requests and FAQs
Here are the top 50 most requested songs from the last ten years:
1) Don’t Stop Believing - Journey
2) I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
3) Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars
4) Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy - Big & Rich
5) Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show or Darius Rucker
6) Grey Foggy Day – Shanneyganock or Eddie Coffey
7) Jessie’s Girl – Rick Springfield
8) Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
9) Paradise By Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
10) You Shook Me All Night Long – AC DC
11) I Wanna Dance With Somebody Who Loves Me – Whitney Houston
12) Timber – Kesha & Pitbull
13) Perfect – Ed Sheeran
14) Dancing Queen - Abba
15) Cha Cha Slide – DJ Casper
16) Heave Away – Fables
17) Footloose – Kenny Loggins
18) Fireball – Pitbull & John Ryan
19) Sexy And I Know It – LMFAO
20) I Knew The Bride – Nick Lowe
21) Wannabe – Spice Girls
22) Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera
23) Night Pat Murphy Died – Great Big Sea
24) Despacito – Luis Fonsi & Justin Bieber
25) Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin Timberlake
26) Music And Friends – Simani
27) Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
28) Juicy Wiggle - Redfoo
29) Shut Up And Dance With Me – Walk The Moon
30) Party Up - DMX
31) Baby Got Back – Sir Mix-A-Lot
32) I Don’t Feel Like Dancing – Scissor Sisters
33) I Love It – Icona Pop & Charli XCX
34) Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
35) Hey Ya - Outkast
36) This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
37) Rasputin – Boney M
38) Hypnotize – Notorious B.I.G.
39) September – Earth, Wind & Fire
40) Mony Mony – Billy Idol
41) Everybody – Backstreet Boys
42) Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
43) Honey, I’m Good – Andy Grammer
44) Love Shack – B 52s
45) Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
46) Gold Digger - Kanye West & Jamie Foxx
47) On The Floor – Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull
48) Happy – Pharrell Williams
49) Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
50) I Think We’re Alone Now - Tiffany
HOW MUCH OF A DEPOSIT or BOOKING FEE IS REQUIRED?
Unless specified, a minimum non-refundable booking fee of $100 dollars is required within 14 days of a booking to confirm the reservation. A DJ who doesn't require a booking fee or deposit may not take your event seriously. Should you need to reschedule I can move your booking fee with 90 days' notice to another date provided it is available.
DO YOU TAKE REQUESTS?
Your input and that of your guests is most certainly welcome and encouraged. In addition to the songs and artists that you DO want played, I always ask if there is any music that you DON'T want played during your function. While I have a music library of over 160,000 songs on my notebooks, if there does happen to be a song requested that I don’t have, no worries – with access to the cloud wherever there is a cell signal, there are very few instances where I would have to say "Sorry I don't have that song".
WHAT ARE THE LOGISTICAL REQUIREMENTS?
All I need is a minimum 6-foot table and chair within 25 feet of an electrical outlet. Ideally, the system should be situated as close to the dance floor as possible, otherwise the speakers will likely be too loud for your guests sitting in between. If the decorator or caterer doesn’t provide a table cloth I carry one with me just in case.
IS YOUR MUSIC LIBRARY CURRENT?
Every month my new music is delivered from a DJ subscription service which showcases the newest hits being sent to radio & clubs. Throw in a massive music collection with broadcast-quality sound from the last 60 years including and I truly have a better music library than some radio stations. (I can say that, having worked as an on-air talent at 4 of them!) The fact that I have an encyclopedic pop music memory doesn’t hurt either, lol.
DO YOU OFFER LIGHTING?
Yes indeed, I have a selection of uplighting effects as well as LED dance floor lighting to add excitement to your function. Unlike many other DJs around town, my lighting uses a DMX controller - meaning that I am in full control of the speed, intensity, pattern, and colour of the lights during each song. To me, it looks amateur to have lights spinning crazy during a down-tempo or slow song. DMX-controlled lighting is the bomb!
WHEN IS THE FULL PAYMENT DUE?
Anytime up to 72 hours before the function is preferred however in some cases I am fine with payment upon arrival the night of the party. I accept Interac Email money transfers, cheque, cash, or money order. Debit or Credit is not yet accepted but may be coming soon!